Free training for 1st-timers, simply bring normal gym clothes & water to stay hydrated.
Karate is for anyone, regardless of past experience or current physical condition.
Why we learn Karate:
- To promote friendship among members & strengthencharacter;
- To improve physical fitness & well-being;
- To protect ourselves as well as others.
Karate coordinates the entire body for fighting, so we learn punches, kicks, sweeps, locks and take-downs. It's simple to pick up, but also challenging to master. A few times per year your hard-earned skills will be tested and, if sufficient, you will pass to a higher rank -- indicated by the colour belt you wear. As you improve you can also participate in competitions, perhaps even around the world at our annual International Cup.
How we learn Karate:
- Kihon: The core fundamentals of Karate and building blocks for all techniques. Can be practiced alone or against a target.
- Kumite: Applying techniques and strategy against an opponent. Training can be either cooperative or competitive.
- Kata: A set pattern of movements which will develop muscle memory & concentration. When practiced in tandem with Bunkai (application) it can help our fighting become intuitive and practical.
- Training fee (per session): £5 Junior, £6 Senior (15+ years)
- License & insurance: Senior £24 Junior and Student in full time education £19
- Clothing from £15 to £50 depending on size or style
All instructors are DBS registered and trained for Basic Life Support .